Saturday, September 21, 2024

BONUS PHOTOSHOOT: Living Dead Dolls Bloody Mary

This will be a quick one, but Mary gave me another burst of photos when I found a new prop and I thought I'd make an update to show it off.

Read the initial review and photo session for Bloody Mary in the Gruesome Living Dead Dolls Roundup (Roundup #4).

Target is selling metallic green Gothic mirrors now in their Halloween assortment  and, in addition to the piece being versatile (stands or hangs) and much in my taste, it was also the perfect thing for Mary. She has a distinctly Gothic-styled mirror as an accessory, placing her into that aesthetic alongside her fancy dress, so I wanted to play around with it.


This photoshoot was fairly brief and simple, but the mirror added a lot of atmosphere to portraits. I broke out the colored lights to do a red/green combo like some older pictures, and used it to play into Mary vs. the larger mirror and background.


I got some new photo filters on my phone, and that expanded my editing options a bit. I liked this take being more desaturated and moody.


I have a blacklight now, courtesy of an upcoming doll who inspired me to get one. I think this makes Mary quite eerie, and it instantly supercharges her terrifying glow-in-the-dark eyes.



I tried another photo with blue and red lighting in front of the mirror, as I'd liked that combo for her before.


I don't know why, but this vibe feels like the cover of an old 1980s Japanese horror movie.

And a take with only red lighting, dim and spooky. I messily edited this photo to make it look like Mary is inside the big mirror rather than standing in front of it.


I then used the mirror with her coffin--because my copy was chosen due to her factory-error mirrored lid, the text reads correctly in the reflection!



And that's all! Just a quick return to an incredibly scary doll with the benefit of a new mirror to suit her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment